Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Adventures of the Big Boy Bed

    Switching your toddler from the crib to a bed can be a challenge. Most don't look forward to the switch. However, my little man can't stay in his crib forever. Also we are needing to move the baby into the crib in the next couple months so I am hoping to get him used to the big bed in time.

    Okay now the bed is up, and the dreaded first night of moving my child from crib to bed has arrived!  How am I going to keep my toddler from climbing out and playing, or screaming all night?  Well this is a work in progress, and I am attempting to follow a regular bedtime routine.  I am also letting him sleep with both his favorite blanky & teddy. Luckily for me he hasn't figured out how to open his door by himself yet.

    My biggest challenge so far, is he keeps getting out to play with toys. However, with my first child I had to deal with the screaming. So I guess I will take playing with toys over that. Ive been going in every 20 min or so and putting him back into bed. I sure hope he goes to sleep soon so Mommy can get some sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment